SWAT- Handmade Flowers

I hope for most of you, Spring is in full swing! Right now, in the Pacific Northwest, it has been warm, and the flowers are blooming. This week for SWAT, we are growing our own gardens, with handmade flowers!




I love seeing handmade flowers, and I am always amazed when I see intricate origami or assembled flowers. For this challenge, I decided to make roses, one of my favorite flowers.

These are a version of the popular spiral flowers, but I make a few adjustments. I used brown paper bag instead of cardstock, and ripped the edges of the spirals for a rougher edge. After gluing the flowers, I misted them. Finally I squished them to get more depth and variation in the petals.

For the base, I cut some black chipboard into a heart, and drew the lace detail. Then, I attached my flowers, leaves, and vintage buttons, and glued and dyed the ribbon.

For me, the thing about flowers is their imperfection makes them beautiful. Of course, we have a great prize up at SWAT if you play along, so start making your own garden!

~Venetia





 






1 comments:

  1. I've yet to make a flower that I like! You have the knack! So pretty! Also, I wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Awards! Check it out here: http://abitofscrappygoodness.blogspot.com/2014/05/happy-memorial-day-weekend-to-my-us.html

    ReplyDelete